Emergency Descent Training course perth AND WA
UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue
UETTDRRF08B Perform EWP controlled descent escape
HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
PERFORM EWP RESCUE PERFORM EWP CONTROLLED DESCENT ESCAPE PERFORM CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
These units satisfy the requirements of the Western Power ‘Work Practice Manual’ Section 2.6 which includes:
- All EWP operators and safety observers must be trained and competent in the use of emergency retrieval systems relevant to the EWP they are using.
- Note: Refresher training is to be undertaken every 12 months.
- The EWP basket operator must be competent in emergency descent rescue.
- The EWP ground-based operator must be competent in the operation of the EWP
In an emergency:
- If an EWP has mechanical failure and cannot be lowered, and the personnel are safe, they must remain in the bucket until a second EWP arrives on site to effect a rescue.
Dependent on experience, and if the operator holds the pre-requisite unit HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation which is required for UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue, the time required can vary between two hours and one day.
For those who hold all relevant competencies and are doing refresher training/assessment, courses are generally scheduled in the afternoon from 2pm.
Perform EWP Controlled descent escape/Perform EWP rescue: $150.00
Perform EWP Controlled descent escape/Perform EWP rescue/Perform CPR (refresher): $190.00
Perform EWP Controlled descent escape/Perform EWP rescue/Perform CPR: $270.00
LOCATION AND FREQUENCY
Emergency Descent training courses are scheduled on an as-needed basis at Equip-Safe’s Perth training venue in Welshpool (corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street), or can be conducted on the client’s premises.
(please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing.)
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite for UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue. Those who hold a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, or the qualification HLTAID003 Provide first aid, that is less than twelve months old, do not have to complete this unit.
- Those who hold a First Aid qualification older than twelve months will be offered RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning). These operators will not be required to undergo the CPR training, but will be required to complete the assessments for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. (Equip-Safe’s handout book and assessment requirements can be requested to be sent to operators completing the assessment only, prior to attending the course to allow them to study the contents of the material.
- Duty of Care of all people in the workplace
- Required skills and knowledge in the unit UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue, and UETTDRRF08B Perform EWP controlled descent escape
- Perform EWP controlled descent
- Various benchmarks and requirements when performing the tasks. including:
- UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue
- Demonstrate lowering the booms and bucket using the auxiliary lowering device for the EWP
- Lower the booms and bucket using base controls of the EWP
- Tilt the bucket to access the injured person
- Retrieve the injured person
- Move injured person to a safe area and perform first aid as required
- UETTDRRF08B Perfrom EWP controlled descent escape
- Maintain 100% hook-up at all times
- Safely exit EWP bucket
- Does not ‘free fall’ or ‘shock load’ the rope
- Use CDD / EDD from a height that allows the person to control the speed of the descent from the bucket to the ground
- Safely lower self to ground
- Demonstrate controlling the descent of an injured person by holding the CDD / EDD rope at an angle whilst acting as a ground attendant
- Pack up CDD / EDD and store correctly in bucket or as required.
- UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP rescue
ALL TRAINING COURSES