EWP TRAINING COURSE PERTH AND WA
TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more
HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE CLASS WP
Our Elevating Work Platform (EWP) training course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you will need to operate Elevating Work Platforms which extend to 11 metres or more. Attain your Worksafe High Risk Work Licence with Equip-Safe.
Equip-Safe believe that people learn by ‘doing’. We focus on training you on the EWP, and not in the classroom. Courses are scheduled weekly at Equip-Safe’s training venue on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara in Welshpool. Saturday courses are available by request. Also courses can be conducted on your site. Please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing.
We use three EWP during training. Our classes have a maximum of 8 participants so that everyone can have sufficient time operating the three EWP. After attending our course, you are welcome to return and practice what you have learnt at no cost. This would need to be organised to ensure the EWP are not being used on a course.
DURATION AND COSTS
One Day assessment only for experienced operators: $295.00
(Pre-course reading and questionnaire to be completed prior to attending the session)
Two Day Elevating Work Platform training and assessment: $450.00
Worksafe High Risk Licence application fee: $86.00
(If you already hold a High Risk Licence for another class then the application fee is $43.00)
Passport Photos for High Risk Licence: $20.00
(You are welcome to supply your own. It must be no older than six months and passport size and quality)
Equip-Safe will send your application to Worksafe. You have nothing more to do after you finish the course. No charges or fees will apply for this service. An interim High Risk Work Licence will be issued upon successful completion of the course which will allow you to operate an Elevating Work Platform from that date.
LOCATION AND FREQUENCY
EWP courses are scheduled weekly at Equip-Safe’s Perth training venue in Welshpool on the corner of Orrong Road and Kewdale Road, or can be conducted on the client’s premises.
Please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing,
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Reasonably good reading writing and numeracy ability.
- For proof identity you must have ONE primary document or at least THREE secondary documents. One of these documents must include at least your name, and date of birth, which proves you are at least 18 years of age. Credit/Debit cards cannot be accepted for proof of identification. Please go to the Worksafe website and view the Applicant Guide – Application for a High Risk Work Licence to view what forms of ID are acceptable. Or, view Commerce WA’s guide.
- Equip-Safe harnesses are rated to 136 kgs. If the student weighs more than 136 kgs, they will need to provide their own harness.
EWP COURSE CONTENT
Off The Job (Theory)
- Legal Requirements
- Workplace hazards and Task related hazards and controls
- Inspect safety equipment
- Log book
- Pre-start and operational checks
- Compliance Plate
- Emergency Plan / Rescue Plan
On The Job (Practical)
- Conduct risk assessment and implement hazard controls
- Safe use of fall arrest harness, personal inertia reel, and anchor points
- Inspect EWP
- Complete log book
- Conduct tasks (Three different Boom Lift EWP’s used on Equip-Safe premises)
- Set up packing and outriggers (Trailer-mounted boom lift EWP on Equip-Safe premises – compulsory Performance Evidence requirement of the Unit of Competency TLILIC0005)
- Maximum reach and Minimum reach (Articulated boom lift EWP on Equip-Safe premises)
- Drive with elevated platform in confined area (Articulated boom lift EWP on Equip-Safe premises)
- Controlled slew at maximum reach (Straight boom lift EWP on Equip-Safe premises)
- Conduct task with platform out of sight of base unit – maximum reach (Straight boom lift EWP on Equip-Safe premises)
- Use manual lowering devices
- Pack up and shut down
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Eligible Companies / Individuals must be:
- Directly employed in the building and construction industry in Western Australia construction companies undertaking projects in Western Australia
- Self-employed and undertaking work which is directly involved in the construction process
Where eligibility of an applicant is in question the Training Fund will seek evidence of eligibility via review of a detailed, recent work history.
If an individual is unemployed at the time of undertaking a short course recognised by the Training Fund, they must be able to:
- Demonstrate that they were directly employed in the construction industry in Western Australia for a minimum of six months, within 6 months prior to the date of course commencement; or if no recent work experience is involved have written evidence of a relevant employment offer from an eligible company or contractor in the construction industry prior to making a claim.
Please visit the Construction Training Fund website for further information www.ctf.wa.gov.au
ALL TRAINING COURSES